At Bill Harris Auto Center we are celebrating 50 years of the Chevrolet Malibu. We thought we would remind you of a few highlights from 1964 and look at what makes the 2014 Chevy Malibu so great.
- After a landslide victory, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 into law.
- Movie classics like Mary Poppins and James Bond’s Goldfinger were released.
- The Beatles first came to America and rattled the rock ‘n roll scene.
- The Cleveland Browns took home the NFL championship. Sorry if you happen to be a Bengals fan. History is history.
- The Chevrolet Malibu hits the market (We couldn’t possibly leave this one off the list!).
Eight generations later and classed with these great, culture-impacting events in history, the 2014 Chevy Malibu is here to continue making its mark on history.
It is the only car in its mid-size sedan class to incorporate stop/start technology. While we can’t give you 30 cents per gallon like in 1964, we thought this was the next best thing: Responsible for turning the engine off when the car stops and back on for smooth acceleration, this technology helps the Malibu’s fuel economy, reaching numbers like 36 mpg on the highway.
Start/stop technology is only one reason the next 50 years looking promising for the Chevy Malibu.
What were some of your highlights from 50 years ago? Were you born yet?